DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT OF A UNIFIED SYSTEM OF REGIONAL MONITORING OF THE ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES OF THE ARAL REGION
Project Objectives: The main objective of the project is to provide information support for the managerial and economic decision-making to ensure environmental security, preserve reproduction and rational use of natural resources, ensure sanitary and epidemiological welfare of the population of the Aral Sea area.
Objectives of the project:
- systematization, processing and distribution of objective information on the state of the environment and natural resources, anthropogenic sources of pollution and factors affecting it;
- assessment, identification of dynamics and forecasting of changes in environment state, natural resources and public health;
- development of recommendations (management decision options) aimed at improving or maintaining the state of the environment and reducing the negative consequences of anthropogenic activities;
- the definition of cause-effect relationships between the state of health of the population and the impact of environmental factors;
- formation of a monitoring data bank;
- providing data for the analysis of the effectiveness of management decisions taken and ongoing measures to ensure environmental safety, conservation, reproduction and rational use of natural resources, ensuring sanitary and epidemiological welfare of the population;
- information and methodical support of the monitoring participants and the public for their effective interaction.
The cost of the project: 35 million tenge (110 thousand dollars)
Terms of the project implementation: 2018-2019.